The universal church is composed of all who truly believe in Christ, but in the last days, a time of widespread apostasy, a remnant has been called out to keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus. This remnant announces the arrival of the judgment hour, proclaims salvation through Christ, and heralds the approach of His second advent. This proclamation is symbolized by the three angels of Revelation 14; it coincides with the work of judgment in heaven and results in a work of repentance and reform on earth. Every believer is called to have a personal part in this worldwide witness. (Rev. 12:17; 14:6-12; 18:1-4; 2 Cor. 5:10; Jude 3, 14; 1 Peter 1:16-19; 2 Peter 3:10-14; Rev. 21:1-14.)
See also these Bible lessons from previous years:
- The Child, the Church, and the Dragon: Revelation 12 – Lesson 8 in the series, Great Apocalyptic Prophecies, 2012b.
- The Dragon Versus the Remnant: Part 1 – Lesson 9 in the series, Great Apocalyptic Prophecies, 2012b.
- The Dragon Versus the Remnant: Part 2 – Lesson 9 in the series, Great Apocalyptic Prophecies, 2012b.
- Witnessing: Turning the World Upside Down – series of 13 lessons on the mission of the remnant church.
- The Church in Today’s World – series of 13 lessons 1999d. Author Enrique Chaij.