- Download Teacher’s Edition Lessons in PDF format
- Lesson Index including Ellen White & Bible References
[Thought questions for Love and the Law October 28, 2014]
Love without Liking. Your lesson this week asks you to love even those you don’t like. Wait a minute! Is that possible? What about the marriage that goes bad? Is the wife obliged to love the husband she can’t stand any more? What if he uses his physical strength to impress on her that he’s the boss she must obey? Then think of men who [...]
You can view a discussion of the current lesson in the Hope Sabbath School class led by Pastor Derek Morris. (Adobe Flash Player version.) A Youtube version of this week’s lesson at Hope Sabbath School is below. You can download the video, the MP3 audio, and the lesson outline from the HopeTV Sabbath School Site. You might also want to bookmark the HopeSS Youtube channel.
It is called Bigfoot – a huge ape-like creature that some believe inhabits forests in North America. For many years there have been supposed sightings. People claim to have personally seen this mysterious creature and found evidence, such as large unusual footprints. Even though most of the supposed sightings and gathered evidence have been proven to be hoaxes, people still believe. As you read this, someone is likely hunting for Bigfoot.
I thought about the search for Bigfoot when I read this [...]
Key Thought : It is our love for God that leads us to do His will. It is the doers of His law of love who will be justified..
[Lesson Plan for Love and the Law October 27, 2014]
1. Have a volunteer read James 2:1-7.
a. Ask class members to share a thought on what the most important point in this text is.
b. Are we to ignore the rich and cater to the poor? Don’t poor people love riches just as [...]
[Thought Questions for Being and Doing October 21, 2014]
1. It’s not enough to be able to see and hear. Do you think it would be harder to follow Jesus if you were deaf? or blind? Didn’t have much intellectual understanding? Does a thorough knowledge of God and His plan of salvation earn you a place in His eternal kingdom? What did the apostle James say that Christians need to do to give them a firm and lasting relationship with God?
2. Your enemy. How [...]
- *** Hope Sabbath School Interactive Study with Derek Morris is broadcast via Hope Satellite TV and available a week ahead of the date the lesson is scheduled for local churches. You download a weekly lesson outline with questions and a Scripture song or theme song, including sheet music, for each quarter. Pastor Morris provides a wonderful weekly example of how to effectively teach a Sabbath School class in a Christ-centered way.
- GoBible.org Weekly teaching outlines posted by Bruce Cameron. (Also found at SabbathSchoolLessons.com
- Sabbath School Teaching Outlines available from the GC Sabbath School Department. (Click on the correct year and lesson.)
- Dr Ken Hart’s Sabbath School Class Often lively lesson discussion in a small group, composed of persons from various backgrounds, several weeks ahead of the time the lesson is scheduled to be studied in church. You may watch the class online, listen to it and download a PDF handout with a list of discussion questions. Podcast available.
- Sabbath School App in the iPhone and Android Apps Store includes the Teacher’s Edition. Download the app, click on the app, go to “More” (top right), go to Settings (bottom) and enable Teachers’ Content.
- Weekly Teacher Helps via email are available three ways:
- Subscribe to our SSNET2 mailing list. On this list we distribute weekly helps from Michael Fracker and Joyce Griffith.
- Sabbath School Teacher Training Courses Online training for teachers of various age groups.