- Download Teacher’s Edition Lessons in PDF format
- Lesson Index including Ellen White & Bible References
Key Thought : Women can do in families a work that men cannot do, a work that reaches the inner life. They can come close to the hearts of those men cannot reach. [Lesson Plan for Women in the Ministry of Jesus May 4, 2015] 1. Have a volunteer read Luke 2:36-38. a. Ask class … [Click to read more …]
It has finally arrived – the lesson topic on which everyone is an expert. The one topic we love to talk about above all others – the Sabbath. Yes, you can put your Bible and study guides down right now and let the free-flowing discussions begin. I can hear the Sabbath school discussions right now, … [Click to read more …]
You can view an in-depth discussion of “Christ as the Lord of the Sabbath” in the Hope Sabbath School class led by Pastor Derek Morris. (Adobe Flash Player version.) A Youtube version of this week’s lesson at Hope Sabbath School is below. You can download the video, the MP3 audio, and the lesson outline from … [Click to read more …]
Key Thought : In order to keep the Sabbath holy, men must themselves be holy. Through faith they must become partakers of the righteousness of Christ. [Lesson Plan for Christ as the Lord of the Sabbath April 27, 2015] 1. Have a volunteer read Luke 4:16-20. a. Ask class members to share a thought on … [Click to read more …]
He’s sitting in a boat teaching. There is a massive crowd standing before Him with one particular thing in common. Luke 5:1 reads, “The multitude pressed about Him to hear the word of God.” This week as we look at “The Call to Discipleship,” we will concentrate on the events of this day in history. The lessons … [Click to read more …]
- GoBible.org Weekly teaching outlines posted by Bruce Cameron. (Also found at SabbathSchoolLessons.com
- Sabbath School Teaching Outlines available from the GC Sabbath School Department. (Click on the correct year and lesson.)
- Dr Ken Hart’s Sabbath School Class Often lively lesson discussion in a small group, composed of persons from various backgrounds, several weeks ahead of the time the lesson is scheduled to be studied in church. You may watch the class online, listen to it and download a PDF handout with a list of discussion questions. Podcast available.
- Sabbath School App in the iPhone and Android Apps Store includes the Teacher’s Edition. Download the app, click on the app, go to “More” (top right), go to Settings (bottom) and enable Teachers’ Content.
- You can learn to teach! Sabbath Schools are not intended to be catechizing classes. And that means that going through the lesson, question by question, and taking answers to the questions is not teaching. If you do not know how to do better than that, you can learn from good teachers. Watching how Derek Morris conducts the Hope Sabbath School (usually visible above) should help give you an idea of how a good class is run.
- One of the best books on the subject is Howard Hendricks’s Teaching to Change Lives.
- After reading and learning from Howard Hendricks’s Teaching to Change Lives, take a look at one or two of the other books mentioned here.
- The book Creative Bible Teaching also focuses on good teaching methods, but this one is specifically aimed at those teaching from the Bible.
- Also check out the Sabbath School Teacher Training Courses Online – training for teachers of various age groups.
- Bruce Wilkerson was a student of Dr Hendricks and includes a lot of anecdotes in his book, The Seven Laws of the Learner.
- You can subscribe to Weekly Teachers’ Helps (the same posts as you see on this page above) via email by subscribing to the blog RSS feed: Choose the “Teachers’ Aids Only” towards the bottom of the page
- Contemporary Comments Weekly commentary by email is often tied to a current American or world event. These may be used as an introduction to the current week’s study.