- Download Teacher’s Edition Lessons in PDF format
- Lesson Index including Ellen White & Bible References
Key Thought : Jesus tells us that He did not come to do away with the law, but to magnify it and show the need of the Holy Spirit in order to keep it.
[Lesson plan for Christ and the Law in the Sermon on the Mount April 21, 2014]
1. Have a volunteer read Matthew 5:17-20.
a. Ask class members to share a thought on what the most important point in this text is.
b. Why does Jesus emphasize the law [...]
Current lesson of the Hope Sabbath School class led by Pastor Derek Morris. (Adobe Flash Player version.) A Youtube version of the Hope Sabbath School “Christ and Religious Tradition” is below. You can download the video, the MP3 audio, and the lesson outline from the HopeTV Sabbath School Site. You might want to bookmark the HopeSS Youtube channel.
Informal discussion regarding this week’s Sabbath School lesson with author Dr. Keith Burton on Vimeo in less than 30 minutes:
You can view the same video on Youtube if you
Further Study: For more information on this week’s topic, read Ellen G. White, Tradition, pp. 395-398, Woes on the Pharisees, pp. 610-620, in The Desire of Ages. Also read Matthew 23.
Let all who accept human authority, the customs of the church, or the traditions of the fathers, take heed to the warning conveyed in the words of Christ, In vain they do worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. -Ellen G. White, The Desire of Ages, p. 398.
So He [Jesus] came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read. And He was handed the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when He had opened the book, He found the place where it was written:
“The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,
Because He has anointed Me
To preach the gospel to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives
And recovery of sight [...]
- *** Hope Sabbath School Interactive Study with Derek Morris is broadcast via Hope Satellite TV and available a week ahead of the date the lesson is scheduled for local churches. You download a weekly lesson outline with questions and a Scripture song or theme song, including sheet music, for each quarter. Pastor Morris provides a wonderful weekly example of how to effectively teach a Sabbath School class in a Christ-centered way.
- GoBible.org Weekly teaching outlines posted by Bruce Cameron. (Also found at SabbathSchoolLessons.com
- Sabbath School Teaching Outlines available from the GC Sabbath School Department. (Click on the correct year and lesson.)
- Dr Ken Hart’s Sabbath School Class Often lively lesson discussion in a small group, composed of persons from various backgrounds, several weeks ahead of the time the lesson is scheduled to be studied in church. You may watch the class online, listen to it and download a PDF handout with a list of discussion questions. Podcast available.
- Sabbath School App in the iPhone and Android Apps Store includes the Teacher’s Edition. Download the app, click on the app, go to “More” (top right), go to Settings (bottom) and enable Teachers’ Content.
- Weekly Teacher Helps via email are available three ways:
- Subscribe to our SSNET2 mailing list. On this list we distribute weekly helps from Michael Fracker and Joyce Griffith.
- Sabbath School Teacher Training Courses Online training for teachers of various age groups.