- Lesson Index including Ellen White & Bible References
- Let’s Give Them Something to Talk About Rather than lecturing, Sabbath School teachers need to guide the discussion by giving class members something to talk about. Read the comments too. Good guide lines to follow.
- More Resources below
Key Thought: When we respond to the promptings of the Holy Spirit, He imparts gifts to each of us as He wills, to build up the body of Christ, serve the community, and glorify God. Lesson 8, February 25, 2017 1. Have a volunteer read I Corinthians 12:4-7,11. a. Ask class members to share a … [Click to read more …]
1. The Fruit of the Spirit and the Gifts of the Spirit are not the Same. Do you find it a challenge to understand that the fruit and the gifts of the Spirit are not the same? What is the major difference between the two? Which of the two is required by the seeking Christian? … [Click to read more …]
Key Thought: The fruit of the Spirit is evidence that we have a deeply rooted relationship with Christ. Christ develops this fruit in us as we abide in Him. Lessonn 7, February 18, 2017 1. Have a volunteer read Galatians 5:22. a. Ask class members to share a thought on what the most important point … [Click to read more …]
1. The fruit of the spirit. Are you often encouraged in your Christian life by the gifts of the Holy Spirit? Which of the gifts bring to mind most vividly the blessings of being deeply involved with God as a Christian? What about love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control? What would your life be … [Click to read more …]
Key Thought: It is the Holy Spirit who strengthens us in our pursuit of the character of God embodied in holiness.. Lesson 6, February 11, 2017 1. Have a volunteer read I Peter 1:14-16. a. Ask class members to share a thought on what the most important point in this text is. b. What does … [Click to read more …]
You may download the full lesson quarterly on Amazon in Kindle format (Canadian Link, UK Link) (If you don’t have a Kindle, download the reader for the PC, or the FREE app for mobile devices.) And you can also download the Kindle version of the companion book for the lesson by Ron E. M. Clouzet, Getting to Know the Holy Spirit (Bible Bookshelf Series). (Canadian link,UK link) You can order the paperlesson in various formats from the AdventistBookCenter.com.
Large Print and Teachers’ editions are available only at your local Adventist Book Center or at AdventistBookCenter.com in paper format (shipping charges apply). You can also download PDF files for each week’s lesson at the Adult Bible Study Guide site, including the regular Adult Lessons, Easy English, Teachers’ editions. Spanish lessons are under “Other Languages.”
Ellen White Notes 2017a, Pacific Press version. (Amazon Canada link | Amazon Great Britain link.
Sabbath School Lesson Comments by Ellen White (Amazon US link) edited by J. L. MalmedeVanAllen. Amazon Canada Link | Amazon Great Britain Link
- GoBible.org Weekly teaching outlines posted by Bruce Cameron. (Also found at SabbathSchoolLessons.com
- Sabbath School Teaching Outlines available from the GC Sabbath School Department. (Click on the correct year and lesson.)
- Dr Ken Hart’s Sabbath School Class Often lively lesson discussion in a small group, composed of persons from various backgrounds, several weeks ahead of the time the lesson is scheduled to be studied in church. You may watch the class online, listen to it and download a PDF handout with a list of discussion questions. Podcast available.
- Sabbath School App in the iPhone and Android Apps Store includes the Teacher’s Edition. Download the app, click on the app, go to “More” (top right), go to Settings (bottom) and enable Teachers’ Content.
- You can learn to teach! Sabbath Schools are not intended to be catechizing classes. And that means that going through the lesson, question by question, and taking answers to the questions is not teaching. If you do not know how to do better than that, you can learn from good teachers. Watching how Derek Morris conducts the Hope Sabbath School (usually visible above) should help give you an idea of how a good class is run.
- One of the best books on the subject is Howard Hendricks’s Teaching to Change Lives.
- After reading and learning from Howard Hendricks’s Teaching to Change Lives, take a look at one or two of the other books mentioned here.
- The book Creative Bible Teaching also focuses on good teaching methods, but this one is specifically aimed at those teaching from the Bible.
- Also check out the Sabbath School Teacher Training Courses Online – training for teachers of various age groups.
- Bruce Wilkerson was a student of Dr Hendricks and includes a lot of anecdotes in his book, The Seven Laws of the Learner.
- You can subscribe to Weekly Teachers’ Helps (the same posts as you see on this page above) via email by subscribing to the blog RSS feed: Choose the “Teachers’ Aids Only” towards the bottom of the page
- Contemporary Comments Weekly commentary by email is often tied to a current American or world event. These may be used as an introduction to the current week’s study.