- Download Teacher’s Edition Lessons in PDF format
- Lesson Index including Ellen White & Bible References
Introduction. Are you comfortable with the idea that some of the proverbs in the Bible reflect sayings of the heathen? If not, why not? If the truth espoused by the ancient Egyptians corresponds with truth followed by Christians, should we not embrace that truth as well? [Thought questions for Words of Truth February 24, 2015] 1. … [Click to read more …]
You can view a discussion of the current lesson in the Hope Sabbath School class led by Pastor Derek Morris. (Adobe Flash Player version.) A Youtube version of this week’s lesson at Hope Sabbath School is below. You can download the video, the MP3 audio, and the lesson outline from the HopeTV Sabbath School Site. … [Click to read more …]
Key Thought : Truth is the surest and the simplest way to live one’s life. God recognizes and blesses those who live truthfully. [Lesson Plan for Words of Truth February 23, 2015] 1. Have a volunteer read Proverbs 22:16-18. a. Ask class members to share a thought on what the most important point in this text … [Click to read more …]
“Most men will proclaim each his own goodness, but who can find a faithful man?” Proverbs 20:6 The answer? God can. Even the wisest among us can misjudge the character and potential of an individual. Although we are all equally loved with a love that spared nothing to redeem us, we each have our own … [Click to read more …]
[Thought questions for Words of Wisdom February 17, 2015] 1. Products of our environment. Have you ever known a devoted, Christian family who adopted a child from a disruptive family? Did they believe they could overcome the errors of the youngster’s birth parents by firmly planting their feet in a Christian environment? Why doesn’t it always work out that … [Click to read more …]
- GoBible.org Weekly teaching outlines posted by Bruce Cameron. (Also found at SabbathSchoolLessons.com
- Sabbath School Teaching Outlines available from the GC Sabbath School Department. (Click on the correct year and lesson.)
- Dr Ken Hart’s Sabbath School Class Often lively lesson discussion in a small group, composed of persons from various backgrounds, several weeks ahead of the time the lesson is scheduled to be studied in church. You may watch the class online, listen to it and download a PDF handout with a list of discussion questions. Podcast available.
- Sabbath School App in the iPhone and Android Apps Store includes the Teacher’s Edition. Download the app, click on the app, go to “More” (top right), go to Settings (bottom) and enable Teachers’ Content.
- You can learn to teach! Sabbath Schools are not intended to be catechizing classes. And that means that going through the lesson, question by question, and taking answers to the questions is not teaching. If you do not know how to do better than that, you can learn from good teachers. Watching how Derek Morris conducts the Hope Sabbath School (usually visible above) should help give you an idea of how a good class is run.
- One of the best books on the subject is Howard Hendricks’s Teaching to Change Lives.
- After reading and learning from Howard Hendricks’s Teaching to Change Lives, take a look at one or two of the other books mentioned here.
- The book Creative Bible Teaching also focuses on good teaching methods, but this one is specifically aimed at those teaching from the Bible.
- Also check out the Sabbath School Teacher Training Courses Online – training for teachers of various age groups.
- Bruce Wilkerson was a student of Dr Hendricks and includes a lot of anecdotes in his book, The Seven Laws of the Learner.
- You can subscribe to Weekly Teachers’ Helps (the same posts as you see on this page above) via email by subscribing to the blog RSS feed: Choose the “Teachers’ Aids Only” towards the bottom of the page
- Contemporary Comments Weekly commentary by email is often tied to a current American or world event. These may be used as an introduction to the current week’s study.