- Download Teacher’s Edition Lessons in PDF format
- Lesson Index including Ellen White & Bible References
- NEW: Resources for the Study of the Book of Matthew
I wish I had understood the Sabbath much earlier in my Christian walk. I’ve been a Sabbath keeper for decades. I was born into a Sabbath-keeping family with many Sabbath-keeping relatives. I’ve calculated that I’ve willingly “kept” the Sabbath over two thousand times. Yet, for most of those past years I can honestly say that … [Click to read more …]
None greater than John the Baptist. What is the “unseen reality” that has a great impact on our lives? Why is there a screen hiding our view from the controversy between Christ and Satan?Or is there such a screen? Do we need to understand all the details of the Plan of Salvation before we can understand … [Click to read more …]
Key Thought: The great controversy has cosmic consequences, but is also a battle for each human mind and heart. Our destiny rests on whose side we are on. The Seen and Unseen War – April 23 – 29, 2016 1. Have a volunteer read Matthew 11:11,12. a. Ask class members to share a thought on what … [Click to read more …]
This week, instead of my normal article based on a theme of the lesson, I thought I would give you a look into the teacher side of preparation. As some of you know I have a ministry that provides training to Sabbath school leaders and adult class teachers throughout our denomination. This coming Sabbath I … [Click to read more …]
1. What do YOU think is the greater miracle–Forgiving our sins or healing us from a life-threatening disease? From God’s perspective, which does He dread the most—sin or death? Have you ever known a Christian who was so loaded with love for God that you felt that God should never allow that person to succumb … [Click to read more …]
- GoBible.org Weekly teaching outlines posted by Bruce Cameron. (Also found at SabbathSchoolLessons.com
- Sabbath School Teaching Outlines available from the GC Sabbath School Department. (Click on the correct year and lesson.)
- Dr Ken Hart’s Sabbath School Class Often lively lesson discussion in a small group, composed of persons from various backgrounds, several weeks ahead of the time the lesson is scheduled to be studied in church. You may watch the class online, listen to it and download a PDF handout with a list of discussion questions. Podcast available.
- Sabbath School App in the iPhone and Android Apps Store includes the Teacher’s Edition. Download the app, click on the app, go to “More” (top right), go to Settings (bottom) and enable Teachers’ Content.
- You can learn to teach! Sabbath Schools are not intended to be catechizing classes. And that means that going through the lesson, question by question, and taking answers to the questions is not teaching. If you do not know how to do better than that, you can learn from good teachers. Watching how Derek Morris conducts the Hope Sabbath School (usually visible above) should help give you an idea of how a good class is run.
- One of the best books on the subject is Howard Hendricks’s Teaching to Change Lives.
- After reading and learning from Howard Hendricks’s Teaching to Change Lives, take a look at one or two of the other books mentioned here.
- The book Creative Bible Teaching also focuses on good teaching methods, but this one is specifically aimed at those teaching from the Bible.
- Also check out the Sabbath School Teacher Training Courses Online – training for teachers of various age groups.
- Bruce Wilkerson was a student of Dr Hendricks and includes a lot of anecdotes in his book, The Seven Laws of the Learner.
- You can subscribe to Weekly Teachers’ Helps (the same posts as you see on this page above) via email by subscribing to the blog RSS feed: Choose the “Teachers’ Aids Only” towards the bottom of the page
- Contemporary Comments Weekly commentary by email is often tied to a current American or world event. These may be used as an introduction to the current week’s study.