- Download Teacher’s Edition Lessons in PDF format
- Lesson Index including Ellen White & Bible References
Key Thought : In Luke’s work as a physician, he ministered to the sick and then prayer for the healing power of God. This opened the way for the gospel. It is the divine plan that we shall work as the disciples worked.. [Lesson plan for The Coming of Jesus March 30, 2015] 1. Have a … [Click to read more …]
You can view a discussion of the current lesson in the Hope Sabbath School class led by Pastor Derek Morris. (Adobe Flash Player version.) A Youtube version of this week’s lesson at Hope Sabbath School is below. You can download the video, the MP3 audio, and the lesson outline from the HopeTV Sabbath School Site. … [Click to read more …]
Or did He create wine – that is what we understand by wine? Some ask, “Why do Seventh-day Adventists teach total abstinence from alcohol when Jesus Himself made wine in His first miracle?” (John 2:1-12) It helps to know that “wine” in the Bible doesn’t mean quite the same thing as it means now. The … [Click to read more …]
I must admit, when I first saw the title of this week’s lesson I was less than excited. I’m to be a guest teacher at a church this weekend and envisioning myself, a man, warning against the evils of loose women, was not a happy thought. Plus, the dangers of and avoidance of alcohol is … [Click to read more …]
Introduction. Stay away from trouble by leaving strong drink alone. Drunkenness is a state of being that simply doesn’t fit with a Christ-centered lifestyle. Ironic, but I’m starting to write my 15th book. Its title, The Alcohol Trap. Another irony is that in some parts of the US and elsewhere, the consumption of alcoholic beverages by … [Click to read more …]
- GoBible.org Weekly teaching outlines posted by Bruce Cameron. (Also found at SabbathSchoolLessons.com
- Sabbath School Teaching Outlines available from the GC Sabbath School Department. (Click on the correct year and lesson.)
- Dr Ken Hart’s Sabbath School Class Often lively lesson discussion in a small group, composed of persons from various backgrounds, several weeks ahead of the time the lesson is scheduled to be studied in church. You may watch the class online, listen to it and download a PDF handout with a list of discussion questions. Podcast available.
- Sabbath School App in the iPhone and Android Apps Store includes the Teacher’s Edition. Download the app, click on the app, go to “More” (top right), go to Settings (bottom) and enable Teachers’ Content.
- You can learn to teach! Sabbath Schools are not intended to be catechizing classes. And that means that going through the lesson, question by question, and taking answers to the questions is not teaching. If you do not know how to do better than that, you can learn from good teachers. Watching how Derek Morris conducts the Hope Sabbath School (usually visible above) should help give you an idea of how a good class is run.
- One of the best books on the subject is Howard Hendricks’s Teaching to Change Lives.
- After reading and learning from Howard Hendricks’s Teaching to Change Lives, take a look at one or two of the other books mentioned here.
- The book Creative Bible Teaching also focuses on good teaching methods, but this one is specifically aimed at those teaching from the Bible.
- Also check out the Sabbath School Teacher Training Courses Online – training for teachers of various age groups.
- Bruce Wilkerson was a student of Dr Hendricks and includes a lot of anecdotes in his book, The Seven Laws of the Learner.
- You can subscribe to Weekly Teachers’ Helps (the same posts as you see on this page above) via email by subscribing to the blog RSS feed: Choose the “Teachers’ Aids Only” towards the bottom of the page
- Contemporary Comments Weekly commentary by email is often tied to a current American or world event. These may be used as an introduction to the current week’s study.