- Download Teacher’s Edition Lessons in PDF format
- Lesson Index including Ellen White & Bible References
When did we stop believing? When did we begin to take pride in declaring our doubts about our salvation?
I was in a Sabbath school class recently when, during a discussion about salvation, a long-time member raised a hand for comment. “We should never say that we’re saved!” A partial but oft-quoted Ellen White statement was the basis of the admonition to the class. Thus began a lively exchange about the assurance of salvation.
Rebuttal texts like the following were then quoted:
And they [...]
You can view a discussion of the current lesson in the Hope Sabbath School class led by Pastor Derek Morris. (Adobe Flash Player version.) A Youtube version of this week’s lesson at Hope Sabbath School is below. You can download the video, the MP3 audio, and the lesson outline from the HopeTV Sabbath School Site. You might also want to bookmark the HopeSS Youtube channel.
Key Thought : As we review the gift of God’s grace through Christ, let us renew our faith in Jesus as our personal Savior.
[Lesson plan for Salvation July 21, 2014]
1. Have a volunteer read Luke 18:9-14.
a. Ask class members to share a thought on what the most important point in this text is.
b. What does this story teach us about our attitude toward God and toward His grace?
c. Personal Application: If God gave you what you deserved, what would [...]
One Friday morning, I was helping in getting a friend’s house “presentable” by pulling weeds in a flower bed when I found in my hands, not a clump of ugly weeds but, instead, a beautiful begonia! I had snapped it at the root, and there was no way I could now save it. In my mind I could hear Jesus telling me,
“See why I don’t let you go pulling weeds in my church? You can’t tell [...]
Doug Batchelor’s teaching this week’s lesson on the Holy Spirit in his usual thorough and clear style. Direct Youtube link. He focuses particularly on the Holy Spirit as a Person. We trust that this will aid your Sabbath School discussion this Sabbath. (You may have to turn your volume up a
- *** Hope Sabbath School Interactive Study with Derek Morris is broadcast via Hope Satellite TV and available a week ahead of the date the lesson is scheduled for local churches. You download a weekly lesson outline with questions and a Scripture song or theme song, including sheet music, for each quarter. Pastor Morris provides a wonderful weekly example of how to effectively teach a Sabbath School class in a Christ-centered way.
- GoBible.org Weekly teaching outlines posted by Bruce Cameron. (Also found at SabbathSchoolLessons.com
- Sabbath School Teaching Outlines available from the GC Sabbath School Department. (Click on the correct year and lesson.)
- Dr Ken Hart’s Sabbath School Class Often lively lesson discussion in a small group, composed of persons from various backgrounds, several weeks ahead of the time the lesson is scheduled to be studied in church. You may watch the class online, listen to it and download a PDF handout with a list of discussion questions. Podcast available.
- Sabbath School App in the iPhone and Android Apps Store includes the Teacher’s Edition. Download the app, click on the app, go to “More” (top right), go to Settings (bottom) and enable Teachers’ Content.
- Weekly Teacher Helps via email are available three ways:
- Subscribe to our SSNET2 mailing list. On this list we distribute weekly helps from Michael Fracker and Joyce Griffith.
- Sabbath School Teacher Training Courses Online training for teachers of various age groups.