Beginner to Primary
This is a curriculum for leaders and teachers who prefer more structured lessons than the Gracelinks curriculum provides. Materials and stories contain true-to-life graphics instead of cartoon graphics. Resources include theme materials and visualized songs, teaching helps and memory verse aids.
- Cradle Roll Lessons My Bible Stories is a 1-year cycle for ages 4 and under. The first two quarters cover the Old Testament, and the last two cover the New Testament. There are 52 lessons in 4 bound quarterlies.
- Cradle Roll Teaching Helps
- Cradle Roll Theme Programs – included in Teaching Helps. Includes detailed instructions, as well as easy-to-copy 3×5 inch program cards with the script.
- Picture Books & Cards
- Memory Verse Flip Charts
- Kindergarten Bible Lessons My Bible Lessons is a 3-year cycle for ages 4 to 6. It presents the plan of salvation in chronological order, from Genesis to Revelation, in the context of the Bible stories.
- Kindergarten Teaching Helps
- Picture Books & Cards
- Memory Verse Flip Charts
- Visualized Songs, printed on card stock, with included midi files.
- Primary Lesson Resources My Bible First is a 3-year cycle for ages 7-10. It presents the plan of salvation in chronological order, from Genesis to Revelation, in the context of the Bible stories.
This is the current standard curriculum for Adventist churches.
- Beginner Lesson Resources in English, French and Spanish.
- Kindergarten Lesson Resources in English, French and Spanish.
- Our Little Friend Magazine Lessons, Games & Activities, Stories.
- Primary Lesson Resources in English, French and Spanish.
Junior Age (10 – 12)
- Junior Lesson Resources My Bible Says is a curriculum, with a 3-year cycle for ages 10 and up. It presents the plan of salvation in chronological order from Genesis to Revelation. The last two quarters cover Reformation history and early Advent church history. In addition, Bible doctrines are presented in the context of the stories. Illustrations are true-to-life format, rather than comic format.
- Junior Power Points – GraceLinks Lesson Resources for ages 10-12 in English, French and Spanish in the Gracelinks series. The current student lesson is on the home page.
- Guide Magazine Online Stories, games videos, activites
Young Disciple Resources for Juniors & Earliteens (Grades 5-8)
- Bible Lessons and Program Helps for Juniors and Early Teens
This is a curriculum similar to “My Bible First.” Includes lesson quarterlies, program helps and teachers’ guides. Program guides and teachers’ helps are available in print or by online subscription.
- Teacher Helps on password-protected site.
- Young Disciple magazine, an alternative to Guide magazine, with up-to-date stories, but with realistic graphics. Aims to encourage kids to have their own relationship with Jesus. Sample copies of the magazine are available for free download.
Earliteens (13, 14)
- Real-time Faith – Gracelink Lesson Resources for ages 13-14 in English, French and Spanish. These are mainly for larger churches which separate Junior and Earliteen classes. In smaller churches, this age group is usually combined with the Junior group, using a 4-year curriculum, or with the Youth group. The current student lesson is on the home page.
High-school Age (14 – 18)
Sabbath School Ministry Descriptions
- Children’s Sabbath School Leader
- Children’s Sabbath School Assistant
- Children’s Sabbath School Teacher
While computer animations and PowerPoint presentations are popular, there’s still much to be said for old-fashioned “felt sets.” The advantage of felt sets is that children can be engaged in the stories by placing the felt figures on the board. Additionally, the felt experience is different from what they usually experience and thus has a special attraction.
- Little Folks Visuals has felt sets and background for Bible stories and other stories.
- Through the Bible in Felt by Betty Lukens includes backgrounds and overlays, as well as science stories and other stories.
- The Felt Source sells includes both Little Folks Visuals and Felts by Betty Lukens.
- Pathways of the Pioneers Adventist history acted out. Great for children and adults. Listen online or download as MP3`s.
- Your Story Hour Clubhouse Magazine includes stories every month. Check the archives for more.
- Your Story Hour’s Amazing Moments includes frequently changing podcasts from Your Story Hour.
- Your Story Hour samples from Great Stories.
- Children’s Sermons has 5-minute stories, and some could be suitable for children’s stories in church. (Not an Adventist site.)
- Children’s Ministries of the General Conference
- Online Bible Lessons for Children
- The Bible in Living Sound – dramatized Bible stories for kids of all ages. (Cost $’s, but well worth the investment.)
- Adventist Missions.org has lots of mission resources, including all the stories in the “Mission Quarterly,” maps, PowerPoint presentations and extra stories with a mission emphasis for children as well as for adults.
- Children’s Mission Magazine Stories for kids about missionary kids.
- Crafts and Resources for Bible Stories – A site chock-full of links to useful aids for teaching Beginners, Kindergarten and Primary classes, indexed to coordinate with the current Sabbath School lessons.
- Felt Sets for Illustrating Bible Stories: The Felt Source
- Coloring Pages for Children on another Christian site.
- More Coloring Pages
- Project Creation Kid Zone - Stories, coloring pages and more on another Christian site.