- Download Teacher’s Edition Lessons in PDF format
- Lesson Index including Ellen White & Bible References
“I will give you rest.” How does the “great controversy” play out in your life? Do you ever feel tired of the fight and even tempted to give up as you continue to confront the evil one with his big bag of temptations? What is “great” about the controversy between Christ and Satan? “Great” as in wondrous … [Click to read more …]
Key Thought : The great controversy is fought out on the day to day choices we make. But we don’t have to face our struggles alone; we can find rest in Jesus. Jesus’ Teachings February 6- 12, 2016 1. Have a volunteer read Matthew 13:18-23. a. Ask class members to share a thought on what … [Click to read more …]
“I’m so happy that I didn’t sneeze.” Martin Luther King, Jr. On September 20, 1958, as he sat signing autographs for his book, Martin Luther King Jr was stabbed and nearly killed. He was whisked to the hospital with the blade of the knife still stuck in his chest. It would take a delicate and … [Click to read more …]
Key Thought : Jesus came to restore that which Adam lost, to save sinners from their sins, and to reveal the true character of God. Victory in the Wilderness -January 30 – February 5, 2016 1. Have a volunteer read Matthew 3:7-12. a. Ask class members to share a thought on what the most important … [Click to read more …]
Immanuel or Emmanuel? What is the difference in meaning or use between these two words? Or is there any? Did the devil ever control or own the earth? If so, when? how? What is his influence over the earth now? Should we be afraid of soon-coming events? David Tasker, the author of this quarter’s lessons, says … [Click to read more …]
- GoBible.org Weekly teaching outlines posted by Bruce Cameron. (Also found at SabbathSchoolLessons.com
- Sabbath School Teaching Outlines available from the GC Sabbath School Department. (Click on the correct year and lesson.)
- Dr Ken Hart’s Sabbath School Class Often lively lesson discussion in a small group, composed of persons from various backgrounds, several weeks ahead of the time the lesson is scheduled to be studied in church. You may watch the class online, listen to it and download a PDF handout with a list of discussion questions. Podcast available.
- Sabbath School App in the iPhone and Android Apps Store includes the Teacher’s Edition. Download the app, click on the app, go to “More” (top right), go to Settings (bottom) and enable Teachers’ Content.
- You can learn to teach! Sabbath Schools are not intended to be catechizing classes. And that means that going through the lesson, question by question, and taking answers to the questions is not teaching. If you do not know how to do better than that, you can learn from good teachers. Watching how Derek Morris conducts the Hope Sabbath School (usually visible above) should help give you an idea of how a good class is run.
- One of the best books on the subject is Howard Hendricks’s Teaching to Change Lives.
- After reading and learning from Howard Hendricks’s Teaching to Change Lives, take a look at one or two of the other books mentioned here.
- The book Creative Bible Teaching also focuses on good teaching methods, but this one is specifically aimed at those teaching from the Bible.
- Also check out the Sabbath School Teacher Training Courses Online – training for teachers of various age groups.
- Bruce Wilkerson was a student of Dr Hendricks and includes a lot of anecdotes in his book, The Seven Laws of the Learner.
- You can subscribe to Weekly Teachers’ Helps (the same posts as you see on this page above) via email by subscribing to the blog RSS feed: Choose the “Teachers’ Aids Only” towards the bottom of the page
- Contemporary Comments Weekly commentary by email is often tied to a current American or world event. These may be used as an introduction to the current week’s study.