- PDF of Official Teacher’s Quarterly Choose “Teacher’s Edition” just below the middle of the page.
- 2019 Q3: The Least of These Lesson and Reference Index (The “References” or “Helps” include the Ellen White quotations as well as the Bible texts for each lesson.)
- Family Seasons Lesson and Reference Index (The “References” or “Helps” include the Ellen White quotations as well as the Bible texts for each lesson.)
- More Family Resources
- Let’s Give Them Something to Talk About Rather than lecturing, Sabbath School teachers need to guide the discussion by giving class members something to talk about. Read the comments too. Good guide lines to follow.
- Other Resources below
You can view an in-depth discussion of “Sabbath: A Day of Freedom” in the Hope Sabbath School class led by Pastor Derek Morris. You may download an MP4 video file, and audio file or a PDF lesson outline from the HopeSS site. With thanks to Hope Channel – Television that will change your life. Amen!(0) … Continue reading –>
Good morning to a wonderful Sabbath Day of rest: Hymn 40, “The Dawn of God’s Dear Sabbath”. Here are just some of the hymns we have about the Sabbath: Hymn 381, “Holy Sabbath Day of Rest”, Hymn 387, “Come, O Sabbath Day”, Hymn 388, “Don’t Forget the Sabbath”, Hymn 390, “We Love Thy Sabbath, Lord”, Hymn 393, “Lord of the … Continue reading –>
The main purpose for God’s creation of Sabbath. Is it hard for you to believe that the Sabbath came into being to celebrate the creation of a day of rest? Did mankind need a special time to mingle with one another in praise to God? Why? or why not? Sabbath is a time to celebrate freedom. Freedom from what? … Continue reading –>
Key Thought: The Sabbath was used by Jesus to heal the sick and a day to benefit those in need. The Sabbath has many practical benefits. July 20, 2019 1. Have a volunteer read Exodus 16:16-18. Ask class members to share a thought on what the most important point in this text is. What can we learn from this gathering … Continue reading –>
You can view an in-depth discussion of “Blueprint for a Better World” in the Hope Sabbath School class led by Pastor Derek Morris. You may download an MP4 video file, and audio file or a PDF lesson outline from the HopeSS site. With thanks to Hope Channel – Television that will change your life. Amen!(5) … Continue reading –>
- GoBible.org Weekly teaching outlines posted by Bruce Cameron. (Also found at SabbathSchoolLessons.com
- Sabbath School Teaching Outlines available from the GC Sabbath School Department. (Click on the correct year and lesson.)
- Dr Ken Hart’s Sabbath School Class Often lively lesson discussion in a small group, composed of persons from various backgrounds, several weeks ahead of the time the lesson is scheduled to be studied in church. You may watch the class online, listen to it and download a PDF handout with a list of discussion questions. Podcast available.
- Sabbath School App in the iPhone and Android Apps Store includes the Teacher’s Edition. Download the app, click on the app, go to “More” (top right), go to Settings (bottom) and enable Teachers’ Content.
- You can learn to teach! Sabbath Schools are not intended to be catechizing classes. And that means that going through the lesson, question by question, and taking answers to the questions is not teaching. If you do not know how to do better than that, you can learn from good teachers. Watching how Derek Morris conducts the Hope Sabbath School (usually visible above) should help give you an idea of how a good class is run.
- One of the best books on the subject is Howard Hendricks’s Teaching to Change Lives.
- After reading and learning from Howard Hendricks’s Teaching to Change Lives, take a look at one or two of the other books mentioned here.
- The book Creative Bible Teaching also focuses on good teaching methods, but this one is specifically aimed at those teaching from the Bible.
- Also check out the Sabbath School Teacher Training Courses Online – training for teachers of various age groups.
- Bruce Wilkerson was a student of Dr Hendricks and includes a lot of anecdotes in his book, The Seven Laws of the Learner.
- You can subscribe to Weekly Teachers’ Helps (the same posts as you see on this page above) via email by subscribing to the blog RSS feed: Choose the “Teachers’ Aids Only” towards the bottom of the page
- Contemporary Comments Weekly commentary by email is often tied to a current American or world event. These may be used as an introduction to the current week’s study.