- Download Teacher’s Edition Lessons in PDF format
- Lesson Index including Ellen White & Bible References
- NEW: Resources for the Study of the Book of Matthew
1. Does the church have a role in the community? Should the church be a deep and personal part of Christian life? What’s wrong with just trying to do good and be good and read the Bible and not have to associate with a church–much less the rest of the people of the community? What … [Click to read more …]
At the beginning of a new quarter, it’s time to plan for our 13th Sabbath offering which will go to the East Central African Division. In this post you will find some patterns for making 13th-Sabbath offering boxes for your family or for your whole church. “The Adventist Church is built on mission. Our commission comes … [Click to read more …]
Jesus or Barabbas. Imagine the possible outcome of the life of Barabbas, chosen by the government to go free while Jesus was crucified. Was anything good about Barabbas ever mentioned in Scripture? What did Pilate hope upon hope would happen when the people saw the innocent Jesus compared with the corrupted and evil Barabbas? What did so … [Click to read more …]
Free will. Could Jesus have chosen another course? Could He have sidestepped the brutal treatment He received and returned unscathed to the heavenly home He loved so much? Could He have acknowledged the awfulness of sin without dying from its consequences? If He could have, why didn’t He? You and I possess free will just as Jesus … [Click to read more …]
“For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.” Luke 19:10 The Pharisees and religious rulers were standing in the way of salvation. Matthew 23 is a scathing condemnation of the most revered men in Jewish society. The reverence, respect and fear of these men touched all areas … [Click to read more …]
- GoBible.org Weekly teaching outlines posted by Bruce Cameron. (Also found at SabbathSchoolLessons.com
- Sabbath School Teaching Outlines available from the GC Sabbath School Department. (Click on the correct year and lesson.)
- Dr Ken Hart’s Sabbath School Class Often lively lesson discussion in a small group, composed of persons from various backgrounds, several weeks ahead of the time the lesson is scheduled to be studied in church. You may watch the class online, listen to it and download a PDF handout with a list of discussion questions. Podcast available.
- Sabbath School App in the iPhone and Android Apps Store includes the Teacher’s Edition. Download the app, click on the app, go to “More” (top right), go to Settings (bottom) and enable Teachers’ Content.
- You can learn to teach! Sabbath Schools are not intended to be catechizing classes. And that means that going through the lesson, question by question, and taking answers to the questions is not teaching. If you do not know how to do better than that, you can learn from good teachers. Watching how Derek Morris conducts the Hope Sabbath School (usually visible above) should help give you an idea of how a good class is run.
- One of the best books on the subject is Howard Hendricks’s Teaching to Change Lives.
- After reading and learning from Howard Hendricks’s Teaching to Change Lives, take a look at one or two of the other books mentioned here.
- The book Creative Bible Teaching also focuses on good teaching methods, but this one is specifically aimed at those teaching from the Bible.
- Also check out the Sabbath School Teacher Training Courses Online – training for teachers of various age groups.
- Bruce Wilkerson was a student of Dr Hendricks and includes a lot of anecdotes in his book, The Seven Laws of the Learner.
- You can subscribe to Weekly Teachers’ Helps (the same posts as you see on this page above) via email by subscribing to the blog RSS feed: Choose the “Teachers’ Aids Only” towards the bottom of the page
- Contemporary Comments Weekly commentary by email is often tied to a current American or world event. These may be used as an introduction to the current week’s study.