- Lesson Index including Ellen White & Bible References
- Let’s Give Them Something to Talk About Rather than lecturing, Sabbath School teachers need to guide the discussion by giving class members something to talk about. Read the comments too. Good guide lines to follow.
- More Resources below
Sabbath School Lesson Notes is a simple but nicely formatted Word file (.docx format) with the entire quarters weekly and daily lesson titles, memory verses and space to fill out notes for your personal study of the lesson. At the end of the week it can be printed out and taken to class to either … [Click to read more …]
Key Thought: The Spirit testifies of Jesus’ righteousness, goodness, grace, and power. He draws us to Him who has the gift of eternal life. Lesson 12, March 25, 2017 1. Have a volunteer read John 16:8-11. a. Ask class members to share a thought on what the most important point in this text is. b. … [Click to read more …]
Concluding our Study on the Holy Spirit. Have you gained spiritual blessings from this quarter’s presentations on the Holy Spirit? Share some of these blessings with your class. What is the specific work of the Holy Spirit that we have not covered so far in this first quarter study? What special meaning does the word, parakletos, have … [Click to read more …]
Key Thought: Understanding the ministry of the Holy Spirit leads us not to want to do anything that would grieve, resist, or quench the Spirit in our lives. 1. Have a volunteer read Ephesians 4:30. a. Ask class members to share a thought on what the most important point in this text is. b. What … [Click to read more …]
Alluring sin. The lesson for this week opens with the comment that sin is appealing and alluring to us humans and the thought that we are “feeble sinners.” What is the cure for being attracted to sin? How can the Holy Spirit help to separate us from the lure of sin that the evil one presents … [Click to read more …]
You may download the full lesson quarterly on Amazon in Kindle format (Canadian Link, UK Link) (If you don’t have a Kindle, download the reader for the PC, or the FREE app for mobile devices.) And you can also download the Kindle version of the companion book for the lesson by Ron E. M. Clouzet, Getting to Know the Holy Spirit (Bible Bookshelf Series). (Canadian link,UK link) You can order the paperlesson in various formats from the AdventistBookCenter.com.
Large Print and Teachers’ editions are available only at your local Adventist Book Center or at AdventistBookCenter.com in paper format (shipping charges apply). You can also download PDF files for each week’s lesson at the Adult Bible Study Guide site, including the regular Adult Lessons, Easy English, Teachers’ editions. Spanish lessons are under “Other Languages.”
Ellen White Notes 2017a, Pacific Press version. (Amazon Canada link | Amazon Great Britain link.
Sabbath School Lesson Comments by Ellen White (Amazon US link) edited by J. L. MalmedeVanAllen. Amazon Canada Link | Amazon Great Britain Link
- GoBible.org Weekly teaching outlines posted by Bruce Cameron. (Also found at SabbathSchoolLessons.com
- Sabbath School Teaching Outlines available from the GC Sabbath School Department. (Click on the correct year and lesson.)
- Dr Ken Hart’s Sabbath School Class Often lively lesson discussion in a small group, composed of persons from various backgrounds, several weeks ahead of the time the lesson is scheduled to be studied in church. You may watch the class online, listen to it and download a PDF handout with a list of discussion questions. Podcast available.
- Sabbath School App in the iPhone and Android Apps Store includes the Teacher’s Edition. Download the app, click on the app, go to “More” (top right), go to Settings (bottom) and enable Teachers’ Content.
- You can learn to teach! Sabbath Schools are not intended to be catechizing classes. And that means that going through the lesson, question by question, and taking answers to the questions is not teaching. If you do not know how to do better than that, you can learn from good teachers. Watching how Derek Morris conducts the Hope Sabbath School (usually visible above) should help give you an idea of how a good class is run.
- One of the best books on the subject is Howard Hendricks’s Teaching to Change Lives.
- After reading and learning from Howard Hendricks’s Teaching to Change Lives, take a look at one or two of the other books mentioned here.
- The book Creative Bible Teaching also focuses on good teaching methods, but this one is specifically aimed at those teaching from the Bible.
- Also check out the Sabbath School Teacher Training Courses Online – training for teachers of various age groups.
- Bruce Wilkerson was a student of Dr Hendricks and includes a lot of anecdotes in his book, The Seven Laws of the Learner.
- You can subscribe to Weekly Teachers’ Helps (the same posts as you see on this page above) via email by subscribing to the blog RSS feed: Choose the “Teachers’ Aids Only” towards the bottom of the page
- Contemporary Comments Weekly commentary by email is often tied to a current American or world event. These may be used as an introduction to the current week’s study.