- Download Teacher’s Edition Lessons in PDF format
- Lesson Index including Ellen White & Bible References
[Thought questions for Christ and Religious Tradition April 16, 2014]
1. Intro. We like to think that “other” churches teach the doctrines of men while “our” church believes in doctrines that are 100% from God. Is it possible for “our” church members today to prefer hand-me-down beliefs to the clear Word of God? Is it wrong to have religious traditions in our homes? If not, what sort of religious traditions do you believe would be most helpful [...]
Key Thought : While tradition has its place in the church, no human has the authority to create religious traditions and elevate them to the level of Divine law.
[Lesson plan for Christ and Religious Tradition April 14, 2014]
1. Have a volunteer read Matthew 15:8,9.
a. Ask class members to share a thought on what the most important point in this text is.
b. Why are traditions important, and what role do they have in our community?
c. Personal Application: What are [...]
[Thought questions for Christ and the Law of Moses April 9, 2014]
1. Introduction. What is your attitude toward the Mosaic law? When you read the Bible through, how do the descriptions of feasts and sacrifices and other rituals as described in the Old Testament affect you? Are you ever tempted to skim past those chapters and “get on with” the rest of the Bible? Why did Jesus and His earthly family follow the requirements [...]
Sunday’s section of this week’s Sabbath School lesson, mentions circumcision, which some people in Western cultures now classify as barbaric. I have also heard a few good Christians question why God chose circumcision for a sign of belonging to Him? In certain safe circles faithful Christian men have asked, “Why the penis of all places?”
We all know circumcision is no longer a sign of a covenant between God and us, and we’re glad for that. Still it puzzles some believers and unbelievers [...]
Straining to reach through the crowd, a nameless woman refuses to lose her opportunity for healing. Just beyond the crowd was her miracle. Just beyond the crowd was the start of a new life. It would not be an easy task, but it was worth any discomfort to achieve the desire of her life. The woman with the issue of blood as recorded in the Gospels is our role model for this week’s lesson.
The subject of Christ and the Law [...]
- *** Hope Sabbath School Interactive Study with Derek Morris is broadcast via Hope Satellite TV and available a week ahead of the date the lesson is scheduled for local churches. You download a weekly lesson outline with questions and a Scripture song or theme song, including sheet music, for each quarter. Pastor Morris provides a wonderful weekly example of how to effectively teach a Sabbath School class in a Christ-centered way.
- GoBible.org Weekly teaching outlines posted by Bruce Cameron. (Also found at SabbathSchoolLessons.com
- Sabbath School Teaching Outlines available from the GC Sabbath School Department. (Click on the correct year and lesson.)
- Dr Ken Hart’s Sabbath School Class Often lively lesson discussion in a small group, composed of persons from various backgrounds, several weeks ahead of the time the lesson is scheduled to be studied in church. You may watch the class online, listen to it and download a PDF handout with a list of discussion questions. Podcast available.
- Sabbath School App in the iPhone and Android Apps Store includes the Teacher’s Edition. Download the app, click on the app, go to “More” (top right), go to Settings (bottom) and enable Teachers’ Content.
- Weekly Teacher Helps via email are available three ways:
- Subscribe to our SSNET2 mailing list. On this list we distribute weekly helps from Michael Fracker and Joyce Griffith.
- Sabbath School Teacher Training Courses Online training for teachers of various age groups.