- Download Teacher’s Edition Lessons in PDF format
- Lesson Index including Ellen White & Bible References
What has God clearly revealed in this world about Himself? [Lesson 4 – October 22, 2016] Perhaps there’s been a bad forest fire close to where you live. Or flooding has ruined the harvest for the year. (Romans 1:18-20) Still, does Paul proclaim that we have seen enough in nature to know God and know Him well?When … [Click to read more …]
Key Thought: The character of God lies at the center of the great controversy and behind most questions of human suffering.. God and Human Suffering- October 22, 2016 1. Have a volunteer read Job 12:7-10. a. Ask class members to share a thought on what the most important point in this text is. b. How does … [Click to read more …]
God’s Servant Job. [Lesson 5, Oct 15, 2016 ] It is true, is it not, that all of God’s children are blessed by God. Shouldn’t our state of being blessed lead us to a sense of thanksgiving? What about Job? Did the devil reason that Job was satisfied in the Lord because of the blessings bestowed upon … [Click to read more …]
If the story of Job is a microcosm of The Great Controversy anticipated, we, the church, are in serious trouble. Please allow my generalities for the sake of discussion. May it be true that you are an exception to the following. As a church we talk often about the Great Controversy scenario of the end-time – … [Click to read more …]
A little heaven on earth. [Lesson 2 for October 8] Wouldn’t you have enjoyed having Job at the beginning of the book as one of your friends? Or as a member of your local congregation? Plenty of money and a generous heart. Or, as the poetry of the book states, “blameless.” Do you think Job’s worried … [Click to read more …]
- See this quarter’s companion book for the lesson by Gaspar F. Colón and May-Ellen M. Colón, for inspiring examples of Adventist Churches That Make a Difference available on Amazon. (Canadian link, UK link)
- Download in Kindle format: Ellen White Notes by Pacific Press, 99 pages. (Amazon Canada link | Amazon Great Britain link.
- Download in Kindle format: Sabbath School Lesson Comments by Ellen White (Amazon US link) edited by J. L. MalmedeVanAllen. Amazon Canada Link | Amazon Great Britain Link
- (If you don’t have a Kindle, you can download the FREE reader for the PC, or the FREE app for mobile devices.)
- GoBible.org Weekly teaching outlines posted by Bruce Cameron. (Also found at SabbathSchoolLessons.com
- Sabbath School Teaching Outlines available from the GC Sabbath School Department. (Click on the correct year and lesson.)
- Dr Ken Hart’s Sabbath School Class Often lively lesson discussion in a small group, composed of persons from various backgrounds, several weeks ahead of the time the lesson is scheduled to be studied in church. You may watch the class online, listen to it and download a PDF handout with a list of discussion questions. Podcast available.
- Sabbath School App in the iPhone and Android Apps Store includes the Teacher’s Edition. Download the app, click on the app, go to “More” (top right), go to Settings (bottom) and enable Teachers’ Content.
- You can learn to teach! Sabbath Schools are not intended to be catechizing classes. And that means that going through the lesson, question by question, and taking answers to the questions is not teaching. If you do not know how to do better than that, you can learn from good teachers. Watching how Derek Morris conducts the Hope Sabbath School (usually visible above) should help give you an idea of how a good class is run.
- One of the best books on the subject is Howard Hendricks’s Teaching to Change Lives.
- After reading and learning from Howard Hendricks’s Teaching to Change Lives, take a look at one or two of the other books mentioned here.
- The book Creative Bible Teaching also focuses on good teaching methods, but this one is specifically aimed at those teaching from the Bible.
- Also check out the Sabbath School Teacher Training Courses Online – training for teachers of various age groups.
- Bruce Wilkerson was a student of Dr Hendricks and includes a lot of anecdotes in his book, The Seven Laws of the Learner.
- You can subscribe to Weekly Teachers’ Helps (the same posts as you see on this page above) via email by subscribing to the blog RSS feed: Choose the “Teachers’ Aids Only” towards the bottom of the page
- Contemporary Comments Weekly commentary by email is often tied to a current American or world event. These may be used as an introduction to the current week’s study.