Quarterly Index of Weekly Lessons | Introduction to the Quarter | Current Daily Lessons | Current Weekly Lesson | Daily Lessons by Email | Lessons in PDF Format| Teacher Resources | More Resources In the Crucible With Christ | Previous Quarter: Genesis |Next Quarter
- PDF of Official Teacher’s Quarterly Choose “Teacher’s Edition” just below the middle of the page.
- Let’s Give Them Something to Talk About Rather than lecturing, Sabbath School teachers need to guide the discussion by giving class members something to talk about. Read the comments too. Good guide lines to follow.
- Many teachers find inspiration for teaching from the comments of students around the world, as found on our blog. Check it out!
- Other Resources below
Key Thought: Psalm 23 talks about a path. The path takes us through the highs and lows in our lives. Do we know and trust the Shepherd as we move along this path. July 2, 2022 1. Have a volunteer read Psalm 23:1-3. Ask class members to share a short thought on what the most important point is in this … Continue reading –>
You can view an in-depth discussion of Israel in Egypt; in the Hope Sabbath School class led by Pastor Derek Morris. Click on the image to view: With thanks to Hope Channel – Television that will change your life. Amen!(1)Print/PDF/EmailContinue reading -->
This video is produced by the South Pacific Division Discipleship team. Lesson 13 – Israel in Egypt from SPD Discipleship on Vimeo. Amen!(1)Print/PDF/EmailContinue reading -->
- GoBible.org Weekly teaching outlines posted by Bruce Cameron. (Also found at SabbathSchoolLessons.com
- Sabbath School Teaching Outlines available from the GC Sabbath School Department. (Click on the correct year and lesson.)
- Dr Ken Hart’s Sabbath School Class Often lively lesson discussion in a small group, composed of persons from various backgrounds, several weeks ahead of the time the lesson is scheduled to be studied in church. You may watch the class online, listen to it and download a PDF handout with a list of discussion questions. Podcast available.
- Sabbath School App in the iPhone and Android Apps Store includes the Teacher’s Edition. Download the app, click on the app, go to “More” (top right), go to Settings (bottom) and enable Teachers’ Content.
- You can learn to teach! Sabbath Schools are not intended to be catechizing classes. And that means that going through the lesson, question by question, and taking answers to the questions is not teaching. If you do not know how to do better than that, you can learn from good teachers. Watching how Derek Morris conducts the Hope Sabbath School (usually visible above) should help give you an idea of how a good class is run.
- One of the best books on the subject is Howard Hendricks’s Teaching to Change Lives.
- After reading and learning from Howard Hendricks’s Teaching to Change Lives, take a look at one or two of the other books mentioned here.
- The book Creative Bible Teaching also focuses on good teaching methods, but this one is specifically aimed at those teaching from the Bible.
- Also check out the Sabbath School Teacher Training Courses Online – training for teachers of various age groups.
- Bruce Wilkerson was a student of Dr Hendricks and includes a lot of anecdotes in his book, The Seven Laws of the Learner.
- You can subscribe to Weekly Teachers’ Helps (the same posts as you see on this page above) via email by subscribing to the blog RSS feed: Choose the “Teachers’ Aids Only” towards the bottom of the page
- Contemporary Comments Weekly commentary by email is often tied to a current American or world event. These may be used as an introduction to the current week’s study.