- PDF of Official Teacher’s Quarterly Choose “Teacher’s Edition” just below the middle of the page.
- 2021 Q 1: Isaiah (The “References” or “Helps” include the Ellen White quotations as well as the Bible texts for each lesson.)
- More Resources on the Book of Isaiah
- Let’s Give Them Something to Talk About Rather than lecturing, Sabbath School teachers need to guide the discussion by giving class members something to talk about. Read the comments too. Good guide lines to follow.
- Other Resources below
As the Israelites forgot about God and followed so many other gods and nations, God remained faithful to them, with Isaiah and many other prophets working so hard for God to turn His people around, hence I will choose Hymn 100 – Great Is Thy Faithfulness as a theme hymn for this quarter. Secondary to this we may use Hymn 104 … Continue reading –>
Key Thought: Through Isaiah’s words, actions, and family; God reinforced the message warning and hope. He has both the love and power to guide, protect, and provide for those who let Him..January 23, 2021 A. Have a volunteer read Isaiah 7:17-25. Ask class members to share a thought on what the most important point in this text is. What is … Continue reading –>
- GoBible.org Weekly teaching outlines posted by Bruce Cameron. (Also found at SabbathSchoolLessons.com
- Sabbath School Teaching Outlines available from the GC Sabbath School Department. (Click on the correct year and lesson.)
- Dr Ken Hart’s Sabbath School Class Often lively lesson discussion in a small group, composed of persons from various backgrounds, several weeks ahead of the time the lesson is scheduled to be studied in church. You may watch the class online, listen to it and download a PDF handout with a list of discussion questions. Podcast available.
- Sabbath School App in the iPhone and Android Apps Store includes the Teacher’s Edition. Download the app, click on the app, go to “More” (top right), go to Settings (bottom) and enable Teachers’ Content.
- You can learn to teach! Sabbath Schools are not intended to be catechizing classes. And that means that going through the lesson, question by question, and taking answers to the questions is not teaching. If you do not know how to do better than that, you can learn from good teachers. Watching how Derek Morris conducts the Hope Sabbath School (usually visible above) should help give you an idea of how a good class is run.
- One of the best books on the subject is Howard Hendricks’s Teaching to Change Lives.
- After reading and learning from Howard Hendricks’s Teaching to Change Lives, take a look at one or two of the other books mentioned here.
- The book Creative Bible Teaching also focuses on good teaching methods, but this one is specifically aimed at those teaching from the Bible.
- Also check out the Sabbath School Teacher Training Courses Online – training for teachers of various age groups.
- Bruce Wilkerson was a student of Dr Hendricks and includes a lot of anecdotes in his book, The Seven Laws of the Learner.
- You can subscribe to Weekly Teachers’ Helps (the same posts as you see on this page above) via email by subscribing to the blog RSS feed: Choose the “Teachers’ Aids Only” towards the bottom of the page
- Contemporary Comments Weekly commentary by email is often tied to a current American or world event. These may be used as an introduction to the current week’s study.