- “God existed before time was created.” Our lesson begins with this statement. What does that mean to you and me today? Is it a hard statement for us to understand? What does it mean to us in terms of where we came from and how we got here? What is the Word that was God and was with God? Is it important for us to believe that Jesus was the Creator of this world and all that is in it? Why do some people—even Christians—face a struggle believing this?
- The days of creation. Why is it so hard for God’s created human beings to understand the creation of the world in seven equal steps in creation week? Couldn’t a “day” in the creation story rep represent a year, a thousand years, or much more? Instead, how long was every day during Creation Week? How does the seventh day as Sabbath support the concept of a day of worship every week? What is the other creation predicted in the Bible? What is your personal plan for participating in that creation?
- The Sabbath and creation. The battle of many against the observance of the seventh day of each week in God’s plan seems to be continuing without a break. Why do people seem to oppose observing Sabbath as a holy day to such a marked degree? Why can’t they just accept the seven-day week of antiquity and forget that so many are worshiping on another day? What are the three actions that God took during Creation Week that fulfilled His blessing on the Sabbath day? Why are so many opposed to observing this holy day as God commands us to?
- Creation and marriage. Have you observed a slow but steady change through the years in God’s plan for man and woman to unite in marriage? Why do you think the evil one is so determined to destroy this concept? Why do you think modern man and woman are so willing to abandon it? Is marriage more than a friendship or an arrangement between two people? What does God long to see in every marriage relationship? How does the fifth commandment concerning the command for children to honor their father and mother support a strong, heterosexual union between a man and a woman in marriage? Can God’s plan for a heaven-blessed union between man and woman union be observed in any other kind of relationship founded on God’s creation plan for man and woman
- Creation, the fall, and the cross. Do you ever wonder what it would be like if suddenly all sin and corruption were to disappear from the earth? Satan had an evil plan as soon as he saw God’s created world and the human beings created for full enjoyment and peace. What was his plan? How did Satan’s determination mark the life of Jesus on earth and all human beings born to the human family? Can God make everything wonderful again? What must you and I do to be sure we will be included in the final triumph and triumph in the all-powerful joy of full union with Jesus?