- “Salvation Belongs to our God.” How did sin happen? In a perfect world with a perfect God full of love for every living being, how was sin in all its horrible aspects able to invade? Why did God’s two beings created in His image turn from His ways to choose the ways of the evil one? Did they fail to understand what God would do if they disobeyed Him? What does our eternal destiny have to do with the rebellious step taken by Adam and Eve? Why did God open the windows of heaven to us and to all His earthly children? Or did He?
- Crisis in Heaven. As horrible as is it to live in a world marred by sin, was the presence of sin in heaven more tolerable? If so, why? What principle provides the foundation of the kingdom of God? How could Lucifer have imagined in his wildest hours that he could do as well God can—or even better? Why would he have wanted to compete with the almighty God? Instead of reaching the heights of God’s glory, where did Lucifer end up? These days, do earth’s inhabitants ever aspire to make decisions that are only God’s to make?
- The Prince of the World. Whose place did Satan rush to take after the sin in the Garden of Eden? Did God give the role of managing all the treasures of earth to Satan? Do you think Satan lords it over us with his self-perceived dominion over the earth? As you reflect on the beauties of nature, do you also see the marks of sin? When terrible storms rip across some of our most spectacular pieces of land on earth, leaving death and destruction in its path, is this evidence of the work of the dark prince of this world?
- War in Heaven. Have you ever wondered about the waging of a universal war in heaven? How could that be? What evidence do we find in Revelation 12 for the war against Jesus? Who waged that war? What does the “great controversy” have to do with the “war in heaven”? What chance do you and I have to withstand the evil forces of Satan that fought desperately against God Himself? Who is winning the war at this time?
- Satan Evicted. Why do you think God has put up with Satan for so long? Couldn’t He have disposed of him immediately and completed the work of redemption of the world thousands of years ago? What is the purpose, instead, of the great controversy that has continued for so many years? What does the cross have to do with the battle over sin? How do you and I fit in with this fierce battle of all time?
- The Continuing Battle. Are you glad that God took a few humans from earth to heaven to live eternally? Think about each of the following lives that are an enduring witness of God’s great love and power. How can our surrender to God be as meaningful as theirs? Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Sarah, Moses, Rahab.