- Jesus’ self-sacrificing Love.Does it seem to border on the unreal to believe that Jesus became a human being, was tormented and punished for no good reason, and yet pours out His love today on you and me? Of course, there’s nothing ridiculous about that belief. The sacrifice that Jesus made on our behalf is the most precious of all our possessions. Explain how the disciples walked and talked with Jesus and yet it took
them more than a year before they gave Him their full dedication.
- Paul: God’s Chosen Vessel. How difficult it is to understand how a rampant persecutor and dedicated enemy of Jesus could be transformed into full fellowship with Him! Does the story of Paul give you courage? As a student of Paul’s writings, are you amazed at the 180-degree turnaround Paul made from being a persecutor of God’s followers to being persecuted himself? Why do you think God chose Paul to lead His people as He did?
- The Demands of Love. And how about Peter? Why do you think Jesus asked Peter the same question three times? What was the essence of that question? Living through the corona virus (and it’s not over yet), can we still witness to others without endangering our lives? In heaven when we spend joyful time with those who have been saved, will we recall the hard times and share the fear we felt “back then”? Are there demands of love that are worth every ounce of suffering by us to meet those demands? How will God help us?
- Have you ever denied the Lord? Made of no account His warning about the consequences of sin? How has the power of God’s love changed your motives and your actions as a Christian? How can that love be reflected on those who are blindly searching for forgiveness and acceptance? What is the most precious gift you can give to struggling Christians or non-believers today?
- Love’s Commitment. What is the cost for being a disciple of Jesus? Why do you think Jesus took precious time to explain to Peter something of the trouble he would face? Do you get a sick feeling when you think of Peter stretched out on the cross, about to give his life to express his love? How can it be that we will someday spend eternity with our Saviour who has offered His love to us in this sin-wracked world? To many, John’s statement as recorded in John 3:16 and 17 is the astounding statement of the dimensions of God’s love. Are you seeking day by day for a fuller revelation of God in your life?