- Jesus comes to reveal God. I wasn’t there, and neither were you, but we can paint a picture in our minds of what it must have been like to be an angel, and see the earth in a jumbled mess of sin and destruction. Angels of God would be eager to set things straight. How can you and I as human beings see the face of God in this worn and troubled world? How has God provided for us to do this?
- Revealing the Father. Have you read the Old Testament lately? What was happening during those thousands of years to set things straight in this troubled world? What was Jesus able to do in those times to prepare a heavenly highway for His journey to this earth? In John 14:8, what solution to mankind’s need to ace God in our hearts does the spirited disciple John suggest? Does that method work?
- Reading the Master Teacher’s mind. What an intellect would you and I need to possess to read God’s mind? Think of the most brilliant person you have ever heard speak in person or on a screen. How can we learn from the Master’s method of reaching others? How can we absorb the teachings of God without giving into the temptation to feel wiser than we are? What can you and I learn from the miracles and teachings of Jesus? Were they really new thoughts?
- The Master Teacher’s First Pupils. Imagine the contrast. In minutes shepherds and fishermen and eager followers from a variety of work and home circumstances—all become steadfast followers of Jesus. How do you imagine the human-and-godly heart of Jesus accepted these believers with the wisdom and joy of their human hearts as they gave themselves to Jesus? How can you receive the same spirit in your heart today?
- The Master Teacher and Reconciliation. Is it possible to restore a friendship with someone after a falling away? When someone hurts our feelings or is making an obvious mistake, what’s wrong with just walking away or in other ways not letting it “get” to us? What does reconciliation have to do with creation? redemptiobookn? soul-seeking? Salvation? How does Jesus provide a spirit of reconciliation to His followers? Can you share an example from your experience?