- Written in the book. With disease and death from the coronavirus threatening all of us on earth at every corner of life, should the opportunity of eternal life resulting from our names being “written in the book” bring us comfort? Do you think that the worldwide threat of death and disease from this global virus has anything to do with the time of the end? Explain. Should the thought of all of our bad deeds being recorded in heaven disturb us? If not, why not?
- The resurrection. What happens to the record of all of our sins when we die? What about our good deeds? Are they recorded, too, somewhere? Who is Michael? Why does Michael “stand up” at the end of life as we know it? Why should Michael’s standing up in the last days of earth’s history bring us comfort? Imagine what it will be like when all who follow Jesus will stand up with Michael. How much time will we spend reviewing our sins after we are restored to life? Why?
- The sealed book. Do you agree that the book of Daniel, or at least the last few chapters of the book, is the subject of the expression, “running to and fro”? Why do some Biblical scholars think of Daniel as a book impossible to comprehend? What do you find to be the most important teaching of this book to God’s people in the final days of earth’s history? How will you respond when the final scenes unfold before our eyes? Can you and I make choices today that will help us understand and accept what Jesus wants us to know about the prophetic words of Daniel
- The waiting time. Now we come to the end. Or do we? With so many people in the countries of this world continuing to ridicule or disregard the prophecies of Daniel, how can we share with others the beauty and joy of this prophetic revelation? What is the result of an argumentive approach to end-time prophecies? When did the last prophetic time period mentioned by Daniel come to an end? What has been happening since then?
- Date setting or waiting. Were the warnings we were given by health experts when the coronavirus began spreading disease to millions of people sufficient to halt the physical problem? Why or why not? Does your heartache for people who accept false teachings about our spiritual health? In what ways are the characteristics of the worldwide epidemic we are experiencing object lessons to help us yield wholeheartedly to the warnings and words of spiritual encouragement we find in the Bible?