God the eternal Spirit was active with the Father and the Son in Creation, incarnation, and redemption. He inspired the writers of Scripture. He filled Christ’s life with power. He draws and convicts human beings; and those who respond He renews and transforms into the image of God. Sent by the Father and the Son to be always with His children, He extends spiritual gifts to the church, empowers it to bear witness to Christ, and in harmony with the Scriptures leads it into all truth. (Gen. 1:1, 2; Luke 1:35; Luke 4:18; Acts 10:38; 2 Peter 1:21; 2 Cor. 3:18; Eph. 4:11-12; Acts 1:8; John 14:16-18; John 14:26; John 15:26-27; John 16:7-13.)
You will find an opportunity to comment at the end of this section. (You may have to go back several pages through the “Older Posts” link.)
Videos by Andrews University Scholars
- Trinity 5: The Holy Spirit in the Old Testament: A Comprehensive View – Jiri Moskala, Th.D., Ph.D.
- Trinity 9: The Holy Spirit in the New Testament – Ranko Stefanovic, Ph.D.
- Trinity 15: Ellen White and the Personhood of the Holy Spirit – Merlin D. Burt, Dr.
Videos by David Ascherick, which may be more understandable to some:
- 1. The Mystery of God Singularity Plurality – David Asscherick
- 2. The Holy Spirit’s Divinity – David Asscherick
- 3. The Holy Spirit’s Personality – David Asscherick
- 4. The Holy Spirit’s Difficulty – David Asscherick
- 5. The Holy Spirit’s Victory – David Asscherick
See also these Bible lessons from previous years:
- The Holy Spirit (2006b) Series of 13 lessons on the Holy Spirit.
- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (98d) Lesson 3 in the series “Our Wonderful God.”
- The Triune God (12a) Lesson 1 in the series “Glimpses of our God.”